Surya Namaskar Breakdown
Surya Namaskar (Sun Salutation) has countless benefits, helping us connect our movement to our breath while building strength, flexibility, and awareness throughout the entire body. It is the alphabet of Yoga. When you learn to do it right, you are set for progressing safely in Yoga and have an enjoyable Yoga experience.
In this workshop we will breakdown each element of the Surya Namaskar:
- How to fold forward safely and correctly
- How to step or jump back strongly
- Developing our core muscles: holding a safe plank pose and moving into a strong chaturanga
- How to perform upward and downward facing dog in a way that’s healthy for your back
- The flow of breath and movement: the dance of Surya Namaskar
You will learn a solid foundation of the Surya Namaskar and will be able to apply the techniques to all your Yoga practices.
For all levels:
From beginners who want to start out correctly to advanced practitioners who want to revisit correct movement
$25 Early Bird (before April 23)
$30 Regular (after April 23)