YOGA TEACHER INTENSIVE
OCT 11, 2018 – FEB 17 2019
Our 200+ hr Yoga Teacher Intensive is led by E-RYT 500 Adarsh Williams, E-RYT 200 Heleen Zondag-Williams and specialized guest teachers. The training is registered with the Yoga Alliance so graduates can become 200hr RYT’s.
This training will equip you with the knowledge and experience from which to practice, teach and live your Yoga. Our curriculum provides an overview of traditional yoga: history and philosophy, theory, basic Sanskrit, asana, pranayama, and meditation, along with a contemporary view of human anatomy and therapeutics.
There is a strong focus on developing a personal practice through experiential learning, workshops, and constantly testing our theories.
This course is ideal for committed yoga students, aspiring teachers, current teachers, and interested yogis wanting to immerse themselves in a practice intensive with master teachers. Students of all types find their way into this training, pregnancy, injury or other therapeutic needs are encouraged to attend, yoga poses and sequences can always be adapted so everyone can play!
INTENTION AND OUTCOME
• Develop & improve your personal practice
• Dive deeper into Yoga philosophy, history, and the Yoga lifestyle
• Learn all about asanas, the anatomy of a posture, alignment, modifications, risks, and benefits
• To more deeply understand movement and position
• How to teach yoga postures and sequence a class
• How to teach alignment in postures
• How to safely modify postures and help students on different levels
• Applying anatomy and functional movement in yoga
• Learn to see and “read” the human body
• Learn hands-on and verbal adjustments
• Learn about different types of students and how to effectively reach them
• Learn about traditional and contemporary approaches to yoga
• Develop your teaching style
• Practice teaching with immediate feedback and mentorship
• Integrate comprehensive study of yoga technique, theory, and philosophy
• Experience professional and personal growth
• Hold a certification that meets and exceeds requirements to register with Yoga Alliance as RYT200
• Study, refine and deepen your own Yoga practice together with like-minded people
• Follow your passion for Yoga
• Dive deeper into Yoga philosophy, history and the Yoga lifestyle
• Learn all about asanas, the anatomy of a posture, alignment, modifications, risks and benefits
• Learn Yoga from the traditional perspective, from which you will then understand the contemporary forms of Yoga
• In depth anatomy knowledge of the body in Yoga
• Learn all about different levels of students and how to approach them
• Learn hands on and verbal adjustments
• Study, refine and deepen your own Yoga practice together with like minded people
• Learn how to share your passion with others
• Practice teaching and ongoing mentorship
99% Practice, 1% Theory
your personal space
• Comparative schools of yoga
• Sanskrit Chanting
• Comparative Yoga traditions
WHY DO OUR TEACHER INTENSIVE?
SMALL GROUP SETTING
Besides all the reasons mentioned before, we guarantee SMALL GROUP instruction with caring, personal support for your growth and learning process. Most Teacher Intensives are held in very large groups, ours does not exceed 20 students. In our experience it creates a deeper way of learning and gaining knowledge that sticks.
Adarsh Williams teaches a contemplative style of yoga that embraces both modern innovation and traditional wisdom. Since 1995, Adarsh has been engaged in the field of natural healing and has received certifications in therapeutic massage and active isolated stretching. He continues as a student of Ashtanga Yoga and it’s sister sciences of Sanskrit, Ayurveda, and Bhakti. Adarsh has continuously traveled to Asia since 2001 for study and pilgrimage and has received teaching Authorization by his late Guruji Shri. K Pattabhi Jois of Mysore, India. Adarsh directs the Monterey Yoga Shala in Monterey, CA specializing in progressive instruction for beginner through advanced levels. Through in depth study of human anatomy and physiology and formal training as a massage therapist, Adarsh is highly regarded for his sensitive yet deep adjusting style. He has experience working with a wide variety of students of diverse abilities, ages, and backgrounds. With a deeply held belief that anyone can develop a personal yoga practice, Adarsh is an energetic teacher who infuses his enthusiasm for practice and hard work in his students.
Heleen started practicing yoga in 1992 during college in the Netherlands. For 8 years she practiced Sivananda Yoga and eventually completed the TT (teacher training) at the ashram in upstate New York. Shortly after, Heleen moved to London to pursue life as a yoga teacher, which in turn led her to a position of General Manager at one of London’s best known dance and holistic centres.
During this time, she studied Ashtanga Yoga with Liz Lark and John Scott. John inspired her to go to Mysore and study with Sri K. Pattabhi Jois. After meeting Guruji on his world tour in 2001 she traveled to India the following year to study at the Ashtanga Yoga Research Institute and returned there every year until she became pregnant with her first child in 2007. Heleen is now the mother of two children, Evan and Maya and teaches Yoga in her home country the Netherlands and internationally.
Elaine is an experienced 500-Hour Registered Teacher and an IAYT Certified Yoga Therapist with over 1000 hours of training and hundreds of clinical hours working with chronic pain patients. As a former biologist, her teaching straddles the middle ground of the science and the magic of yoga. Together with her background in holistic nutrition, she offers her students and clients well-rounded approaches in gaining physical, mental, and emotional freedom. Elaine trains students to become yoga teachers, speaks about the importance of stress management at companies throughout the Bay Area, works privately with clients for pain management, and teaches her students how to use yoga as a therapeutic and practical applications for daily living.
Amy has been practicing and teaching yoga since discovering Ashtanga in 1999 and completing her first teacher training with Larry Schultz at It’s Yoga, San Francisco. She has practiced and taught up and down the California coast, sharing her love of the practice with people of all ages, abilities and intentions. Amy and her family happily settled on the Monterey Peninsula in 2009, where she found her teachers, Adarsh and Heleen Williams, and the wonderful community of yogis at Monterey Yoga Shala. Her experience as a social worker over the years has allowed her to integrate yoga into her work supporting adults with developmental, physical, neurological and cognitive challenges. Her experience as a mom inspired her to teach yoga to kids of all ages and abilities. Yoga is for everyone.
Always a student first, Amy’s daily practice not only informs her teaching, but supports, inspires and helps maintain a balance in her life off the mat. Amy teaches daily, is Director and owner of Monterey Yoga Shala.
YOGA ASANA & VINYASA
The asana study program includes postures of the Primary and Intermediate series of Ashtanga Yoga, presented in a traditional, yet non-dogmatic way. There is an overview of forward + backward bending, twists + side bends and inversions, including arm balances. In addition, healthy adaptations and modifications, including therapeutic sequencing based on current physical therapy protocols.
Students learn alignment in postures based on applied anatomy practices including self-adjustment and learning to “see” students’ bodies. The language of modern yoga alignment including loops, rotations, pose and counterpose are taught and with this knowledge, the student knows how to prevent their students from asana vulnerabilities and keep them practice yoga safely.
• Primary & Intermediate level asana & traditional Vinyasa method
• Yoga anatomy & alignment – in-depth study of functional movement in yoga
• Yoga therapy, adaptive yoga, prop work & restoratives
Contemporary Vinyasa sequencing & research poses
• Physical and verbal adjustments
• Counting vinyasa in Sanskrit
• Asana pronunciation
DATES & INVESTMENT
Oct 11 2018 – Feb 17 2019
Modular format (four 4-day weekends, two Saturdays, two Sundays)
Weekend 1: Oct 11/12/13/14 2018
Weekend 2: Oct 25/26/27/28 2018
Saturday Workshops : Dec 1, 2018 & Jan 12, 2019
Weekend 3: Jan 24/25/26/27 2019
Weekend 4: Feb 14/15/16/17 2019
Early Bird Rate $2850 before July 15, 2018 ($500 discount), $3050 before Sept 1, 2018 ($300 discount), $3350 after. Spots are limited, please register early. A training manual is included, recommended reading list purchased separately as desired.
REFUND POLICY: $300 non refundable deposit reserves your spot. No refunds after start date of the program.
INCLUDED: Teacher Intensive Manual. One “Monthly Unlimited” class pass. Discounted class passes during duration of the training.
Reserve Your Spot Here:
DOWNTOWN YOGA SHALA
SAN JOSE CA
Oct 18 2018 – Feb 24 2019
Modular format (four 4-day weekends, two Saturdays, two Sundays)
For More Details Click Here