YOGA TEACHER INTENSIVE
INSPIRATION | KNOWLEDGE | SADHANA
OCT 2018 – FEB 2019 (DETAILED DATE SCHEDULE COMING SOON)
Our 200+ hr Yoga Teacher Intensive is led by E-RYT 500 Adarsh Williams, E-RYT 200 Heleen Zondag-Williams and specialized guest teachers. We aim to equip students with a clear knowledge and experience base, from which they practice, teach and live their Yoga. At the end of the course, all participants who have attended the specified number of classes will receive a Certificate of Completion. This course is registered with the Yoga Alliance at the 200 hour level, so that graduates can become registered Yoga Teachers.
Although our approach has its roots in traditional Ashtanga Yoga, we present the “way of Yoga” rather than a particular Yoga “style.” We will explore the philosophy and methods of classical Ashtanga Yoga as well as contemporary modalities of Yoga, science and wellness.
LEARN HOW TO:
• Teach unique yoga sequences including Traditional Ashtanga, Contemporary Vinyasa and Yoga Wellness
• Integrate comprehensive study of yoga technique, theory and philosophy
• Gain intensive practice experience
• Experience professional and personal growth
• Hold a certification that meets and exceeds requirements to register with Yoga Alliance as RYT200
WHY DO A YOGA TEACHER INTENSIVE?
• Follow your passion for Yoga
• Dive deeper into Yoga philosophy, history and the Yoga lifestyle
• Learn all about asanas, the anatomy of a posture, alignment, modifications, risks and benefits
• Learn Yoga from the traditional perspective, from which you will then understand the contemporary forms of Yoga
• In depth anatomy knowledge of the body in Yoga
• Learn all about different levels of students and how to approach them
• Learn hands on and verbal adjustments
• Study, refine and deepen your own Yoga practice together with like minded people
• Learn how to share your passion with others
• Practice teaching and ongoing mentorship
99% Practice, 1% Theory
“Guruji” K. Pattabhi Jois
YOGA ASANA & VINYASA
PRIMARY & INTERMEDIATE SERIES
The asana study program includes postures of the Primary and Intermediate series of Ashtanga Yoga. There is an overview of forward + backward bending, twists + side bends and inversions, including arm balances. In addition, healthy adaptations and modifications, including wellness sequencing based on current physical therapy protocols are covered.
Students learn alignment in postures based on applied anatomy practices including self adjustment and learning to “see” students’ bodies. The language of modern yoga alignment including loops, rotations, pose and counter pose are taught and with this knowledge, the student knows how to prevent their students from asana vulnerabilities and keep them practice yoga safely.
WHY DO OUR TEACHER INTENSIVE?
SMALL GROUP SETTING
A Yoga Teacher Intensive is mostly for your own growth. Yoga can be a tool for self discovery/development and helps to expand your view of the world. It can transform your life into a happier, healthier and more whole one. The best Yoga teachers are students first. Gaining more knowledge of Yoga through our Yoga Teacher Intensive will ground you in your own practice and your understanding of it. It will bring confidence in sharing it with others.
Besides all the reasons mentioned before, we guarantee SMALL GROUP instruction with caring, personal support for your growth and learning process. Most Teacher Intensives are held in very large groups, ours does not exceed 20 students. In our experience it creates a deeper way of learning and gaining knowledge that sticks.
YOGA ASANA & VINYASA
• Primary & Intermediate level asana & traditional Vinyasa Krama
• Yoga anatomy & alignment – in depth study of the crucial body functions in yoga
• Yoga wellness, adaptive yoga, prop work & restoratives
• Contemporary Vinyasa sequencing & research poses
• Yoga cleansing techniques (Kriya)
• Yoga breath (Pranayama)
• Meditation: Sitting & walking technique
• Philosophy: Comparative thinking on meditation
• Origins, history of yoga • Comparative schools of yoga
• Yoga as a lifestyle & Ethics of yoga
• Study of the yoga sutras • Sanskrit chanting
• Forming a personal philosophy • Yoga traditions
• Sequencing • Physical and verbal adjustments
• Counting vinyasa in sanskrit
• Asana pronunciation
• The seat of the teacher
• Teacher self care
• Sustaining your practice
• Yoga off the mat
• Finding inspiration
DATES & INVESTMENT
Oct 2018 – Feb 2019
Modular format (four 4-day weekends, two Saturdays)
DATES: Exact weekends to be confirmed before April 1, 2018
Early Bird Rate is $2850 ($500 discount) Before July 1, $3050 Before Sept 1 ($300 discount), $3350 after. Spots are limited, please register early. A training manual is included, recommended reading list purchased separately as desired.
REFUND POLICY: $300 non refundable deposit reserves your spot. No refunds after start date of the program.
INCLUDED: Teacher Intensive Manual. One “Monthly Unlimited” class pass. Discounted class passes during duration of the training.
Reserve Your Spot Here:
At the end of an immersion students usually want to leave at the end of the day and go home to rest, play etc. At this training every student just wanted to stay and absorb more of the knowledge and continue to experience the special feeling of the shared Yoga. It was extraordinary!
Kathy Henderson, RYT200